We offer the following programmes and services:
The ongoing services are:
– Free Budgeting advice in association with Budgeting Advisory Trust each Tuesday 9am to 3 pm.
– Free legal advice from Niemand Peebles Hoult Solicitors Hamilton each Thursday 9am to 10am.
– Benefit and ACC advocacy services offered in association with Pukete Neighbourhood House by appointment only.
– Low-cost Fruit & Vegetable boxes $11
– A bread run available for collection by needy families on Monday 10am to 1pm and Wednesday 1pm to 3pm.
– Room Hire, media equipment hire, table and Chair Hire.
– Photocopying and laminating service
– Referrals to other agencies.
– Waimarie Community House offers a Sport, Cultural and music scholarship (SAM Project) which sponsors children for one year to enable primary aged children who would not normally be able to participate in organized cultural activities, due to financial constraints, the opportunity to do so, by providing equipment and/or payment of fees.
– SEKCA Committee Scholarship to university students. Recipients receive a $600 stipend and sit on our governance committee to learn about the workings of committees and community organisations.
– Short education courses.
– Opportunity Shop.
– Free computer use
– Community Garden
Come in to check us out. We would love to see you. We have a Facebook page – if you support us we would love it if you would “like” us there. An easy way to access it from here is to click on the “F” Facebook logo on the left of this website.
We’d love to hear your comments about our website. Our contact details are below.
53 Wellington St
Hamilton East 3216
Ph: (07) 858 3453
Fax: (07) 858 3475
9am-4pm Monday to Friday